3 Job Opportunities at Tanga UWASA – Drivers II
Tanga Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (Tanga UWASA) is competitively best utility in the Tanzanian Water Sector, supplying clean and safe water and provides sewerage services in Tanga City. The Authority with the ISO 9001:2015 certification in quality management systems, is hereby seeking for a relevant qualified and highly motivated persons to fill the following competitive vacancies available in her manning level.
Title of position: Drivers II (Three positions)
Scope of the position:
The holder of this position will be responsible to safely drive and efficiently maintain the Authority’s vehicles by keeping maintenance schedule and fuel reports.
Appointment by Managing Director
Reports to Administrative Officer
Key duties and responsibilities:
- To handle and drive assigned Authority’s vehicle for official duties within Tanga City or outside Tanga City and observe all rules and guidelines according to the required legal and traffic requirements;
- Ensure that the vehicle is in good and safe working condition prior to use;
- Ensure the vehicle is consistently clean in a manner which is consistent with the Authority’s image;
- Maintain and keep up to date log books and submit to the supervisor every day for inspection;
- Update all vehicle documents such as car registration, insurance cover, motor vehicle license, etc;
- Carry out minor vehicle repairs and other emergency activities during road breakdowns and report any damage or mechanical malfunctions for appropriate action;
- Make sure the vehicle is maintained and services are carried as scheduled;
- Implement administrative duties such as collecting and delivering documents, parcels, mails as directed by the supervisor;
- Make sure the vehicle is parked at Authority’s yard after working hours and keys are handed over at the safe custody;
- Perform such other related duties as may be assigned by the Administrative Officer from time to time.
- Core Competence
- Ability to deal appropriately with sensitive issues and maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times;
- Disciplined, high level of integrity and self driven person;
- Ability to speak and possess good writing skills in English and Swahili
- Holders of National Form IV/ Form VI Certificate;
- Trade Test Grade One or Two/ Level III or Level II Certificate in Motor vehicle driving / Motor vehicle Mechanics from VETA or any other reputable institution
- Valid driving License preferably class ‘’c”;
- At least three years working experience with a reputable employer;
- Possession of a certificate in Advanced Driving course from the National Institute of Transport (NIT), will be an added advantage.
Age Limit – Not above 45 years.
Terms of Engagement Permanent and Pensionable
All the posts carry attractive remuneration packages respectively, according to the Authority’s salary scale and other entitlements.
A hand-written signed application letter attached with an updated Curriculum Vitae showing age, current employer and working position, address, names and contacts addresses of three referees and day working telephone numbers, Copies of relevant academic qualification certificates and other relevant testimonials. Applicants employed in Public Service should route their applications through their respective employers.
Your application letter should reach to the undersigned before 30th November 2019.
All applications should be directed to:
The Managing Director
Tanga Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority,
P.O Box 5011,
Tanga UWASA is an equal opportunity employer
Only shortlisted candidates who meet the requirements will be contacted for an interview.
Women with right qualifications are highly encouraged to apply