Job Opportunity at BareFoot College, Marketing & Sales Project manager
Position: Marketing & Sales Project manager
Organisation: Barefoot College Zanzibar
Programme: B.Barefoot Enterprises, Enriche
Location: Kinyasini – Kibokwa, Unguja, Zanzibar
Duration: 12 months (renewal possible)
Remuneration: according to experience
The Barefoot College is a not for profit, grassroots, hybrid social enterprise that creates
pathways to build more sustainable, self-sufficient and resilient rural communities, while
valuing and respecting the knowledge and wisdom they already possess. It supports rural
communities in achieving sustainable self-sufficiency.
The College was founded in India in 1972 by Sanjit “Bunker” Roy, following the lifestyle
and work style of Mahatma Gandhi. It has grown today into an example of a decentralized
management philosophy and capacity building from within, to deliver lasting and
transformative impact via what has become known widely around the world, as the
Barefoot Approach to community development. The Barefoot College Vocational Training
Centre for East Africa started its operations in Zanzibar in 2015.
Learn more about the Barefoot approach on our websites: www.barefootcollege.org &
TED Talk videos of our founder Bunker Roy: www.ted.com/talks/bunker_roy & CEO
Meagan Fallone: www.ted.com/talks/meagan_fallone_the_technologists_of_the_future
Under the Enriche Program’s umbrella, B.Barefoot targets women from rural communities
of East Africa, providing them training and support on sustainable beekeeping practices
and sewing/tailoring. To enable our trainees and training center to get full value of local crafts and products, we are developing the B.Barefoot Social Enterprise, a self-sustaining,
vertically-integrated model whose beneficiaries are also its suppliers.
The Marketing and Sales Manager will be supporting the Barefoot College Zanzibar Team
to develop and promote current and new items and experiences to commercialize from
B.Barefoot Enterprises (honey and handicrafts).bution of
B.Barefoot products and maintain customer relationships.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support local B.Barefoot Team to scale up of B.Barefoot commercial activities.
- Ensure Customer Relationship Management, management of orders and delivery of products.
- Develop new products range from
- She/he will also work on developing the Training Centre visibility for tourists, develop partnerships with economic entities (hotels, shops, tour operators), ensure distri honey, propolis, beeswax, honey based recipes, sewing products, etc.
- Develop and organize experiences targeting tourists and visitors such as animations, events, workshops, etc.
- Promote Barefoot College Zanzibar Training Centre activities by creating social medias content and partnerships.
- Assist in creation of marketing supports (branding and packaging, presentation decks, cards…) for promotion of B.Barefoot products.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Fluent spoken and written Kiswahili and English
- Excellent knowledge of Zanzibar culture, economy and touristic market.
- Computer skills: Emails, Microsoft Office Suite and Social Medias are essential skills. Design and Photography edit software beneficial (Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.).
- Soft skills: able to interact with various interlocutors (beneficiaries, staff, visitors, hotels management, tour operators, etc.)
- Creative, enthusiastic and proactive mindset
- Ability to work within a Team, and independently
- Partnerships created for product development, distribution, tourism.
- Increase in number of visitors of the Barefoot Centre and related incomes.
- Increase in B.Barefoot products sales.
- Installation of trusted relationship with stakeholders: beneficiaries, partners and clients.
- Creation of a range of B.Barefoot items and experiences.
- Reporting and management of activity (market analysis, sales record, database, bookkeeping, photos, achievements, etc.).
This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being
performed by people assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of
all activities, tasks, and skills required of people in the position.
- Apply before 8th of December 2019
- Kindly submit application at: email@example.com
- CV, cover letter with two reference contacts.
- Design portfolio or example of previous relevant work if available.