Job Opportunity at CRDB Bank – Senior Manager – Credit & Regulatory Reporting Audits
CRDB Bank Plc is inviting applications from qualified and experienced candidates to fill the vacant positions existing in the Department of Internal Audit.
The Bank seeks to recruit highly competent, self-motivated and professional individuals to fill the following positions:
Senior Manager – Credit & Regulatory Reporting Audits
Responsible for overseeing planning, execution, reporting and follow up of credit and regulatory reporting audits including any other audit engagements as may be assigned; to provide assurance that credit and regulatory reporting risks are mitigated. Evaluation of internal controls, risk management and governance processes relating to credit operations if adequate and effective to the Bank’s lending policies and procedures. Participation in developing Risk Based Annual Audit Plan for approval by the Board Audit Committee.
Audit Delivery & Stakeholders Management
- Overseeing planning and scoping of audit assignments relating to credit and regulatory reporting processes and any other areas assigned, determining engagement scope & objectives, conducting risk assessment, allocating audit resources, defining deadlines and ensuring a comprehensive and appropriate terms of reference is set for each review.
- Ensure audits are carried out in line with International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing as issued from time to time by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Provide guidance to Audit Managers/Auditors during audit assignments with emphasis on process understanding, risk identification and assessment, root cause identification and development of recommendations that address the root causes.
- Review and issue audit reports that meet the required standard for reporting to management and make oral or written presentation on the audit issues at the request of management or at his/her own initiative.
- Lead discussions with business leaders regarding audit observations and root causes of issues, upon consultation with the Director of Internal Audit where applicable and ensure that documentation throughout the audit lifecycle (scoping, understanding processes, identifying risks and controls, assessing controls and identifying issues) is accurate, reflective of work performed and supports the conclusions drawn.
- Perform follow up-audit reviews to determine the extent to which root causes of issues observed have been addressed and supported with sufficient, reliable and relevant evidence.
- Participating in the preparation of the Annual Audit Plan preparation.
- Represent the Internal Audit Department on various projects that aim at improving risk management, governance and controls within CRDB Bank
People Management and Leadership
- Mentoring and coaching, providing constructive feedback including formal performance management to ensure personal and professional growth of auditors under his/her supervision or mentorship.
- Provide regular training to auditors on areas that need improvement in the audit process.
- Managing audit teams and ensuring audits progresses as planned as regards scope, budget and
- Improving technical knowledge through self-learning or training including mandatory Continuous Professional Development (CPD) requirements.
- Sharing knowledge with the audit team and peers in the business through presentations and other forms.
- Provide advice to the business at the request of the business or his/her own initiative that will contribute to the improvement of risk management, controls and governance matters within CRDB Bank.
- Masters’ degree in business related field from any accredited University.
- Bachelor’s degree in commerce and related business subjects and or economics from any accredited University.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Public Accountant (CPA / ACCA).
Experience, Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Practical experience on managing audit of banking operations particularly lending activities (credit appraisal, loan monitoring and supervision, credit administration, loan turn around and recovery) for at least 7 years in a big Bank or Financial Institution
- Sound knowledge of Bank of Tanzania Regulations on Lending and Management of Risk Assets.
- Strong Communication Skills, Sound Business acumen and Leadership skills
CRDB BANK PLC offers competitive remuneration and benefits. Successful candidate will receive attractive and competitive package commensurate with the demands of the position.
Mode of Application & Closing Date
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should submit an Application Letter accompanied with copies of academic transcripts, certificates and with a detailed up to date CV with two work related referees addressed to the Director of Human Resources to reach him not later than 20th November 2019.
Director of Human Resources CRDB Bank Limited
DAR ES SALAAM