Job Opportunity at CRDB Bank – Senior Manager – Operations Audits
CRDB Bank Plc is inviting applications from qualified and experienced candidates to fill the vacant positions existing in the Department of Internal Audit.
The Bank seeks to recruit highly competent, self-motivated and professional individuals to fill the following positions:
Senior Manager – Operations Audits
Overseeing planning, execution, reporting and follow up of Operations audits across the CRDB Bank that include Branch operations, Head Office operations audits and CRDB’s subsidiaries Operations. Responsible in developing the annual risk based plan for approval by the Board Audit Committee. The role also entails coaching and mentoring Audit Managers and audit staff, ensuring their professional growth and contribution to materialisation of CRDB strategic objectives.
Audit Delivery & Stakeholders Management
- Overseeing planning and scoping of audit assignments relating to Head office, branch and Subsidiaries operations, determining engagement scope & objectives, conducting risk assessment (including fraud risk assessment), allocating audit resources, defining deadlines and ensuring a comprehensive and appropriate audit engagement planning document is in place for each review.
- Ensure audits are carried out in line with International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing as issued from time to time by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Provide guidance to Audit Managers and auditors during audit assignments with emphasis on process understanding, risk identification and assessment, root cause identification and development of recommendations that address the root causes.
- Review and issue audit reports that meet the required quality standard for reporting to management and make oral or written presentation on the audit issues at the request of management or at his/her own initiative.
- Lead discussions with business leaders regarding audit observations and root causes of issues upon consultation with the Director of Internal Audit where applicable.
- Ensure that documentation throughout the audit lifecycle (scoping, understanding processes, identifying risks and controls, assessing controls and identifying issues) is accurate, reflective of work performed and supports the conclusions drawn.
- Represent the Department on various projects that aim at improving risk management, governance and controls in the Bank.
- Analyze trends of audit issues for Head Office, branch and subsidiaries, identifying areas that need focus, root causes of issues noted and areas that should be subjected to data analytics for the entire branch network.
- The adequacy and effectiveness of procedures put in place by management to ensure issues raised during branch audits are closed within timelines agreed and root causes of issues noted are addressed.
- Perform follow up-audit reviews to determine the extent to which root causes of issues observed have been closed and supported with sufficient, reliable and relevant evidence.
- Participating in the development of a risk based annual audit plan.
People Management and Leadership
Provide leadership to Managers and other auditors by mentoring and coaching, providing constructive feedback including formal performance management to ensure personal and professional growth of auditors under his/her supervision and mentorship.
Provide regular training to auditors on areas that need improvement in the audit process and managing audit teams ensuring audits progresses as planned as regards scope, budget and timetable.
Improving technical knowledge as well as soft skills through self-learning or training including fulfilment of mandatory Continuous Professional Development (CPD) requirements.
Sharing knowledge with the audit team and peers in the business through presentations; and
Provide advice to business at the request of business or his/her own initiative that will contribute to the improvement of risk management, controls and governance matters within CRDB Bank.
Masters’ degree in business related field from any accredited University.
Bachelor degree in Banking or related business field and from any accredited University.
Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Public Accountant (CPA / ACCA).
Experience, Knowledge and Skills Requirements
Practical experience on banking operations for at least 7 years in a big Bank or Financial Institution and has demonstrated a high degree of professional competence, administrative capabilities and initiative in the general organization and management of Department of Internal Audit.
Sound knowledge of Bank of Tanzania Regulations and best Banking practices.
Strong Communication Skills, Sound Business acumen and Leadership skills
CRDB BANK PLC offers competitive remuneration and benefits. Successful candidate will receive attractive and competitive package commensurate with the demands of the position.
Mode of Application & Closing Date
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should submit an Application Letter accompanied with copies of academic transcripts, certificates and with a detailed up to date CV with two work related referees addressed to the Director of Human Resources to reach him not later than 20th November 2019.
Director of Human Resources CRDB Bank Limited
DAR ES SALAAM