Job Opportunity at CRDB – Senior Manager – ICT Audits & Data Analytics
CRDB Bank Plc is inviting applications from qualified and experienced candidates to fill the vacant positions existing in the Department of Internal Audit.
The Bank seeks to recruit highly competent, self-motivated and professional individuals to fill the following positions:
Senior Manager – ICT Audits & Data Analytics
To oversee planning, execution, reporting and follow up of ICT audits and any other audit engagements assigned to provide assurance that IT risks relating to confidentiality, integrity and availability of information are mitigated to acceptable levels. The role entails evaluating whether internal controls, risk management and governance processes relating to ICT operations are adequate and effective and CRDB Bank ICT policies & procedures, applicable laws and regulations regarding privacy and security in data processing are adhered to. The role requires participating in developing a Risk Based Annual Audit Plan for approval by the Board Audit Committee.
Audit Delivery & Stakeholders Management
- Overseeing planning and scoping of audit assignments relating to ICT operations and any other areas assigned, determining engagement scope & objectives, conducting a risk assessment, including fraud risk assessment, allocating audit resources, defining deadlines and ensuring a comprehensive and appropriate terms of reference is set for each review.
- Lead fraud risk assessment based on previous fraud cases or scenario planning ensuring adequacy of controls is assessed in those areas and tests are designed to test the effectiveness of identified key controls in either preventing or detecting ICT related fraud risks.
- Ensure audit tools are effectively used to bring efficiency and effectiveness in the audit process.
- Developing standard scripts for data analytics for all key systems in the Bank.
- Develop and maintain a database of identified risks and tests to be carried in data analytics from the Bank’s systems across the network.
- Ensure audits are carried out in line with International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing as issued from time to time by the Institute of Internal Auditors as well as those issued by Information Systems Audit and Controls Association (ISACA).
- Provide guidance to Audit Managers /auditors during audit assignments with emphasis on process understanding, risk identification and assessment, root cause identification and development of recommendations that address the root causes and issue audit reports that meet the required standard for reporting to Management and make oral or written presentation on the audit issues at the request of management or at his/ her own initiative.
- Lead discussions with business leaders regarding audit observations and root causes of issues upon consultation with the Director of Internal Audit where applicable.
- Ensure that documentation throughout the audit lifecycle (scoping, understanding processes, identifying risks and controls, assessing controls and identifying issues) is accurate, reflective of work performed and supports the conclusions drawn.
- Consulting Management, risk teams, internal auditors or the business to identify high risk areas that should be subjected to assessment and carrying out data analytics on regular basis;
- Represent the Internal Audit Department, upon consultation with the Director of Internal Audit, on various projects that aim at improving risk management, governance and controls surrounding ICT systems within CRDB Bank.
- Supervise support on automated audit tools used in the department.
- Perform follow-up audit reviews to determine the extent to which root causes of issues observed have been closed and supported with sufficient, reliable and relevant evidence.
- Participating in preparation of the annual audit plan.
People Management and Leadership
- Provide leadership to Audit Managers and Auditors by mentoring and coaching, providing constructive feedback including formal performance management to ensure personal and professional growth of auditors under his/her supervision.
- Provide regular training to auditors on ICT risks and controls.
- Managing audit teams and ensuring audits progresses as planned as regards scope, budget and timetable.
- Improving technical knowledge through self-learning or training including fulfilment of mandatory Continuous Professional Development (CPD) requirements.
- Sharing knowledge with the audit team and peers in the business through presentations and other forms.
- Provide advice to the business at its request or his/her own initiative that will contribute to the improvement of risk management, controls and governance matters in the Bank’s ICT systems.
Master’s degree in information technology or business related from any accredited University.
Degree in Computer Science from any accredited University.
Certification in Information System Audit (CISA) is a must. Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Public Accountant (CPA / ACCA) will be added advantage.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- A minimum of 7 years’ practical experience on managing audit of banking operations and has demonstrated a high degree of professional competence, administrative capabilities and initiative in the general organization and management of Department of Internal Audit and shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
- Demonstrated advanced proficiency in applying automated audit tools
- Knowledge of the systems supporting operations of the Bank
- Sound knowledge of Bank of Tanzania Regulations and best Banking practices.
- Strong Communication Skills, Sound Business acumen and Leadership skills
CRDB BANK PLC offers competitive remuneration and benefits. Successful candidate will receive attractive and competitive package commensurate with the demands of the position.
Mode of Application & Closing Date
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should submit an Application Letter accompanied with copies of academic transcripts, certificates and with a detailed up to date CV with two work related referees addressed to the Director of Human Resources to reach him not later than 20th November 2019.
Director of Human Resources CRDB Bank Limited
DAR ES SALAAM