Job Opportunity at CRDB – Senior Specialist; Labour & Trade Union Relations
CRDB Bank Plc is inviting applications from qualified and experienced candidates to fill the vacant positions existing in the Department of Internal Audit.
The Bank seeks to recruit highly competent, self-motivated and professional individuals to fill the following positions:
Senior Specialist; Labour & Trade Union Relations.
Responsible for handling all disciplinary cases and labour disputes and coordinating all Trade Union activities so as to create a harmonious working environment within the Bank.
- Dealing in the first instance, with all queries relating to ER issues/matters.
- Fully provide accurate information on disciplinary cases and labour disputes and managing ER caseload. Ensure the case list is routinely kept up-to-date.
- Advising the HR team in dealing with ER issues and maintaining good relations.
- Assist the Employee Relations Manager in managing and overseeing the disciplinary policy/processes within the Bank and ensuring the same is implemented in accordance with the Labour Laws.
- Fully administer disciplinary and grievance procedures and provide counsel.
- Support the Employee Relations Manager to investigate and resolve day- to- day employee’s relations problems/issues, either directly or through advice to Line Managers.
- Ensuring timely payment of terminal benefits to terminated staff in accordance with the Bank disciplinary policy.
- Fully provide accurate information on Labour disputes.
- Fully represent the Bank in Labour Tribunal cases at CMA.
- Support communication of any changes in the policies to all staff.
- Represent the Bank in TUICO and ATE meetings to ensure the Bank is well represented and updated on current matters.
- Monitor and control ratios of Trade Union members and advise the Bank’s accordingly.
- Coordinates all Trade union activities within the Bank at all times.
- Issue revocation notice for staff who quit from membership of Trade Union.
- Prepare training program for Bank’s Trade union official.
- Coordinate and oversee the Annual review of “Collective Bargaining Agreement”.
- Monitor and control implementation of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Periodically review the Bank’s Personnel Manual.
Knowledge of applicable workplace laws, regulations, and employment trends.
Outstanding interpersonal skills.
Exceptional written and verbal communication.
Excellent organizational skills and attention to details. Good problem solving skills.
Qualifications and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Laws, HR, social science or its equivalent. Possession of Postgraduate or Masters Degree will be an added advantage.
Minimum of 4 years experience in HR and 2 within Labour & Trade Union Relations.
CRDB BANK PLC offers competitive remuneration and benefits. Successful candidates will receive attractive and competitive package commensurate with the demands of the position.
Mode of Application & Closing Date
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should submit an Application Letter accompanied with copies of academic transcripts, certificates and with a detailed up to date CV with two work related referees addressed to the Director of Human Resources to reach him not later than 21st November 2019.
Director of Human Resources
CRDB Bank Limited
P.O. Box 268
DAR ES SALAAM