Job Opportunity at ELCT- ECD, Manager For Luther House Hostel
Manager For Luther House Hostel
We are looking for an experienced Hotel Manager to oversee the daily operations of our hotel as well as provide strategic direction. You will plan and supervise the activities of an extensive and diverse workforce to ensure the smooth and profitable running of business. The Manager will deal with all aspects of the hotel operations. She/he will be just as responsible for dealing with complaints as for straitening and preparing reports. She/he will be a key person of reference for employees and clients as well as external vendors. The hotel manager must be able to guide the employees to work as a well-functioning team. Therefore, the ideal candidate will be a team player and an effective leader, able to set examples and foster a climate of cooperation. The goal is to enhance customer dedication and expand our clientele by strengthening our hotel’s reputation.
- Supervise work at all levels (receptionists, kitchen staff, maids, office employees etc.) and set clear objectives
- Plan activities and allocate responsibilities to achieve the most efficient operating model
- Manage budgets/expenses, analyze and interpret financial information and monitor sales and profits
- Develop and implement an intuitive and efficient marketing strategy to promote the hotel’s services
- Communicate with customers when appropriate (welcome them in the facilities, address their complaints, find solutions to problems, offer information etc.)
- Deal with maintenance issues, shortages in staff or equipment, renovations etc.
- Collaborate with external parties such as suppliers, travel agencies, event/conference planners
- Inspect facilities regularly and enforce strict compliance with health and safety standards
- Proven experience as Hotel Manager or relevant role
- Fluency in English; knowledge of other languages is a plus
- Understanding of all hotel management best practices and relevant laws and guidelines
- Working knowledge of MS Office knowledge of hotel management software (PMS) is an advantage
- At least three years working experience in this field
- Excellent customer service skills as well as a business mindset
- Reliable with an ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Outstanding leadership skills and a great attention to detail
- Degree in Business Administration, Hotel/Hospitality Management or relevant field
MODE OF APPLICATION
Application letter endorsed by Pastor in charge of the Parish/ Sub Parish attached with copies of relevant certificates and CV.
The letter should be addressed to the under mentioned address before 24.11.2019
SECRETARY GENERAL ELCT- Eastern and Coastal Diocese.
DAR ES SALAAM