Job Opportunity at Embassy of Denmark, Programme Officer
Employment opportunity – Programme Officer (Good Governance)
Tanzania is one of Denmark’s largest priority countries. Danish development assistance to Tanzania covers a variety of areas including Support to Ministry of Finance, Public Financial Management, support to tax modernisation, Health, Good Governance, and Business Sector Development. More information about the Danish Embassy can be obtained through http://tanzania.um.dk
The Embassy is seeking to recruit a highly motivated, energetic and experienced Programme Officer, on a 30 month contract.
The Programme Officer (PO) is responsible for carrying out tasks for the signed development agreement with the European Commission and contribute to the implementation of the DKK 250 million Governance Programme focusing on accountability, transparency and rule of law. The PO will be responsible for the management of a number of the governance, projects as well as the provision of strategic input and advice on governance across the Embassy.
Mode of Work
The PO refers to the Embassy management and is part of the Governance Team. The PO makes decisions in all ordinary matters within the PO’s area of responsibility as they fall within the framework of the current programme grant and stipulated guidelines
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitoring and management of programmes in the field of governance, in particular Danish support to CSOs, and those related to rule of law and human rights
- Undertake analysis on developments concerning governance, political developments and gender equality
- Contribute to sector policy dialogue and donor coordination, represent Denmark in relevant fora and follow up on developments and debates within the sector
- Participate in the internal financial administration and the dialogue with partner organisations concerning plans and budgets, financial reporting, accounts and audit
- Other relevant duties as may be assigned from time to time
Knowledge, Skills and experience
- Master degree in governance, political science, law, social sciences, or similar
- A minimum of four years of post-graduate working experience in areas such as development, rule of law, human rights, gender, governance, and project management
- Very strong knowledge of Tanzania’s political environment, governance, and gender
- A broad knowledge and interests in the area of development cooperation and aid effectiveness, preferably from working with donor projects and programmes
- Solid experience in project cycle appraisal, project management and monitoring
- Excellent communication skills in English and Swahili — both written and oral
- Pro-active, motivated, energetic, service-minded and result-oriented personality
- Very strong analytical and strategic skills
- Ability to work under pressure, independently carry out the full range of tasks under tight deadlines, while at the same time proactively take new initiatives for management’s approval
- Team player who thrives in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural working environment
How to apply:
To apply please send your application with your Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org with the word “Programme Officer” as subject. Do not attach certificates.
Deadline: 30th November 2019. Expected start date is Ist January 2020 or soonest possible thereafter. Only successful candidates will be contacted by the Embassy.