Job Opportunity at ESAMI, Procurement Officer
The Eastern and Southern African Management Institute (ESAMI) seeks the services of a suitably qualified person to fill the post of Procurement Officer, at its Headquarters in Arusha, Tanzania.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of quotations, tenders and proposals in accordance with the Procurement Policy;
- Analyzing the purchase request from the user departments and determine the appropriate method of procurement;
- Providing assistance to user departments, when required, in the preparation of specifications, etc.;
- Coordinate the preparation of tire procurement documents, utilizing soimd sustainable procurement practices, while adhering to corporate policies and prior to issuing the public tender;
- Issue addendums to quotations, Tenders and Proposals, as required;
- Attend openings of tenders, proposals and quotations;
- Conduct an in-depth analysis of all bids received in response to each Tender, Proposal and Quotation to identify the response that best meets tire needs of the user department and is consistent with the terms and conditions of the Institute’s procurement policy;
- Involvement in preparation of contracts and tender awards that may be confidential or sensitive information related to property or personnel, or legal implications;
- Prepare contract with vendor and maintain contract after award, ensuring that all documents are kept current and complete. Confer with suppliers regarding delivery, quality, etc. to ensure that the requirements are met;
- Contribute to tire development and formulation of purchasing procedures and practices as required;
- Reviewing prices and product specifications from various supplies to determine which would provide the best deal;
- Verifying bills against order before forwarding for authorization and for payment;
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
Master’s degree in Business Administration or with training in Purchasing or equivalent qualification with five (5) years relevant experience
Mode of Application
Applications together with detailed CV, copies of certificates and testimonials, and three (3) referees should be addressed and emailed to:
The Director General
P.O. BOX 3030
Closing Date – Applications should be received within one month from the date of the Advertisement. Deadline will be 19 December, 2019.