Job Opportunity at HLB Mekonsult – Capacity Building Specialist
About HLB MEKONSULT
HLB MEKONSULT is a prominent audit, tax and advisory firm, wholeheartedly dedicating itself to assisting its select clients to develop economical and practical business solutions to some of the most critical business challenges. HLB MEKONSULT provides accounting and advisory services including audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, tax consultancy, IT consultancy, accounting, training, and related services.
We are seeking qualified and experienced specialist – to work with them in the following areas: training and capacity building, financial management and analysis, information technology, research and among others. Eligible specialists should submit their comprehensive CVs electronically to the address below, demonstrating that they are qualified and have experience in undertaking projects related to the areas mentioned below.
CAPACITY BUILDING SPECIALIST
We are seeking for a Capacity Building Specialist who will who add technical expertise to our internal team in offering capacity building service our clients. Our service scope is in a broad range of organizational areas, including strategic planning, human resource development, communications and engagement, facilitation and coalition-building, project management, board relations, and policy-making and you should be well equipped with expertise on these areas to successfully deliver on this role.
- Developing objectives and designing capacity building projects and proposals.
- Identify capacity building needs and develop and implement capacity building activities to address identified needs through training, one-on-one mentoring and coaching for our clients.
- Provide support to our organizations develop formal written policies and procedures on operations and financial management functions, and assist their successful implementations.
- Strengthen financial management procedures: for example, by assisting clients to produce quarterly requests for advances, a formal quarterly financial reporting package which includes bank reconciliations, a balance sheet, income and expenditures reports and budget vs. actual variance analyses.
- Train staff on written policies and procedures to ensure that operating practices and procedures comply with the organization’s written policies.
- Stay abreast of key developments in in legal and regulatory environment impacting our clients, inform and incorporate them in standard operating procedures, train staff and management to ensure that they are always compliant.
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or onthe-job training:
- Bachelor’s degree public health, public policy, political science, public administration, communication, finance/accounting or a related technical degree.
- Significant experience in NGO capacity building, and facilitation in East Africa Experience: 5+ years of experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, and lead presentations, training courses, and effective meetings
- Demonstrated strength and experience developing the capacity of NGOs;
- Demonstrated experience developing training curricula, including workshop agendas, presentations, and training exercises;
- Familiarity with a wide range of capacity building techniques;
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and build consensus across diverse sets of stakeholders;
- Prior experience working with civil society organizations, preferably in a management capacity;
- Experience in client relationship management, reporting is preferred;
- Strong written and oral communication skills for high-level policy audiences;
- Strong facilitation and training skills required.
How to Apply
Applications should be done by submitting curriculum vitae (CV) and cover letter detailing why you are best suited for the post. All applications should be submitted before 15 December 2019 via email email@example.com. And firstname.lastname@example.org while submitting your application, please indicate the position you are applying for.