Job Opportunity at KASHWASA, Assistant Supplies Officer
Assistant Supplies Officer II
Kahama Shinyanga Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (KASHWASA) is a fully autonomous public utility operates in accordance with the Water Supply and Sanitation Act, No. 5 of 2019.The Government Notice No. 45 of 23rd February 2007 mandated KASHWASA to produce water from Lake Victoria and supply in bulk to various Water Utilities and Community Based Water Supply Organisations.
Currently, KASHWASA supplies bulk water to Water Supply and Sanitation Authorities of Shinyanga, Kahama, Ngudu, Kishapu, Maganzo, Isaka, 68 Community Based Water Supply Organisations (COBWSOs) located in Misungwi, Kwimba, Shinyanga, Kahama, Kishapu and Msalala Districts and to Williamson Diamond Limited.
The expansion of water transmission pipeline from Lake Victoria is in final stages of completion, which by December, 2019 will supply bulk water to Water Supply and Sanitation Authorities of Tabora, Igunga, Nzega, Uyui and to over 100 Community Based Water Supply Organisations in Shinyanga and Tabora Regions.
KASHWASA wishes to recruit competent Tanzanians to fill the following vacant posts: –
Title of the Post: Assistant Supplies Officer II
Number of Posts: One (1)
Qualification and Experience:
Holder of Diploma in Materials Management or its equivalent from a recognized Institution. Must have completed Professional level III of Procurement Professional exams and registered with Procurement and Supplies Professionals and Technicians Board and ICT literate with good interpersonal communication skills.
Main Duties and Responsibilities: –
- Responsible for efficient receiving, inspection, storage and issuance of right materials of right quality at the right time to the Authority.
- Recommending to the heads of department, standards and procedures for the storage and issue of all materials and services required for the proper operations.
- Co-ordinating with department and Units ‘heads for the salvage of usable materials and the disposal of obsolete and non-salvageable items.
- Ensuring availability of necessary materials all the time according to established stock levels.
- Ensuring efficient, safe and economical storage of materials and supplies in store and stockyards.
- Preparing materials annual expenditure budget and ensuring adherence to established standards of material usage.
- Ensuring that proper record-keeping system is maintained for all stores.
- Recommending to the Management on economical stocks purchase quantities, re-order levels, re-order time and effective system of stock control.
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Age Limit: Not above 45 years for all posts.
All posts carry attractive remuneration and fringe benefits, according to the Authority’s Scheme of Service.
High level of integrity, honest and sense of responsibility.
Team player with the ability to work independently.
Self – motivated.
Committed to deliver work of a high standard Mode of Application
Prospective candidates are invited to submit applications in their own handwriting together with copies of their certificates, a fully typed and signed Curriculum Vitae (CV) with e-mail address, a reliable postal address and telephone numbers, copies of relevant certificates/testimonials/transcripts and addresses of at least three(3) professional referees to the following: –
KahamaShinyanga Water Supply and Sanitation Authority,
P.O. Box 1246,
Closing Date 3rd December, 2019.
All educational/professional certificates must be from accredited institutions which are recognized by the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU), the National Council for Technical Education (NACTE), the National Examinations Council of Tanzania or other relevant bodies.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
The Authority’s employment policy is not gender biased. Hence, all prospective applicants are encouraged to apply.