Job Opportunity at KASHWASA, Head of Legal Service Unit
Head of Legal Service Unit
Kahama Shinyanga Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (KASHWASA) is a fully autonomous public utility operates in accordance with the Water Supply and Sanitation Act, No. 5 of 2019.The Government Notice No. 45 of 23rd February 2007 mandated KASHWASA to produce water from Lake Victoria and supply in bulk to various Water Utilities and Community Based Water Supply Organisations.
Currently, KASHWASA supplies bulk water to Water Supply and Sanitation Authorities of Shinyanga, Kahama, Ngudu, Kishapu, Maganzo, Isaka, 68 Community Based Water Supply Organisations (COBWSOs) located in Misungwi, Kwimba, Shinyanga, Kahama, Kishapu and Msalala Districts and to Williamson Diamond Limited.
The expansion of water transmission pipeline from Lake Victoria is in final stages of completion, which by December, 2019 will supply bulk water to Water Supply and Sanitation Authorities of Tabora, Igunga, Nzega, Uyui and to over 100 Community Based Water Supply Organisations in Shinyanga and Tabora Regions.
KASHWASA wishes to recruit competent Tanzanians to fill the following vacant posts: –
Title of the Post: Head of Legal Service Unit
Number of Posts: One (1)
Qualification and Experience:
A holder of a Bachelor and Master’s degree in Law from a recognized Institution. Must be registered Advocate of the High Court of Tanzania and possessing a valid practicing certificate. The candidate must have at least 8 years working experience as a practicing lawyer and must be computer literate with interpersonal and communication skills
Main Duties and Responsibilities: –
- Advising the Managing Director and Management on legal implication of decisions pertaining to activities of the Authority.
- Working in consultation with the heads of department to ensure that all decisions and action taken by the Authority are legal, proper, appropriate and ethical.
- Drafting and presenting to the Managing Director and where applicable to the Board all legal documents for facilitations of the achievement of the Authority’s Mission and Goals.
- Working with the Human Resources Officer to represent and defend the Authority’s interests in industrial disputes
- Taking and preparing minutes at Board meetings.
- Keeping in sound custody all minutes and documents pertaining to Board deliberations.
- Drafting the Authority’s contracts for conduct of business with different stakeholders.
- Attending Court session to defend interests of the Authority.
- Performing any other activity as it may be assigned by the Managing Director.
Age Limit: Not above 45 years for all posts.
All posts carry attractive remuneration and fringe benefits, according to the Authority’s Scheme of Service.
High level of integrity, honest and sense of responsibility.
Team player with the ability to work independently.
Self – motivated.
Committed to deliver work of a high standard Mode of Application
Prospective candidates are invited to submit applications in their own handwriting together with copies of their certificates, a fully typed and signed Curriculum Vitae (CV) with e-mail address, a reliable postal address and telephone numbers, copies of relevant certificates/testimonials/transcripts and addresses of at least three(3) professional referees to the following: –
KahamaShinyanga Water Supply and Sanitation Authority,
P.O. Box 1246,
Closing Date 3rd December, 2019.
All educational/professional certificates must be from accredited institutions which are recognized by the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU), the National Council for Technical Education (NACTE), the National Examinations Council of Tanzania or other relevant bodies.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
The Authority’s employment policy is not gender biased. Hence, all prospective applicants are encouraged to apply.