Job Opportunity at KASHWASA, Head of Public Relations
Head of Public Relations
Kahama Shinyanga Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (KASHWASA) is a fully autonomous public utility operates in accordance with the Water Supply and Sanitation Act, No. 5 of 2019.The Government Notice No. 45 of 23rd February 2007 mandated KASHWASA to produce water from Lake Victoria and supply in bulk to various Water Utilities and Community Based Water Supply Organisations.
Currently, KASHWASA supplies bulk water to Water Supply and Sanitation Authorities of Shinyanga, Kahama, Ngudu, Kishapu, Maganzo, Isaka, 68 Community Based Water Supply Organisations (COBWSOs) located in Misungwi, Kwimba, Shinyanga, Kahama, Kishapu and Msalala Districts and to Williamson Diamond Limited.
The expansion of water transmission pipeline from Lake Victoria is in final stages of completion, which by December, 2019 will supply bulk water to Water Supply and Sanitation Authorities of Tabora, Igunga, Nzega, Uyui and to over 100 Community Based Water Supply Organisations in Shinyanga and Tabora Regions.
KASHWASA wishes to recruit competent Tanzanians to fill the following vacant posts: –
Title of the Post: Head of Public Relations Unit
Number of Posts: One (1)
Post Purpose: Responsible for providing public relations advisory Service and managing reputation of the
Qualification and Experience:
Holder of a Bachelor and Master’s Degree /Postgraduate Diploma in Public Relation/lnternational Relation or Business Communication from a recognized University/lnstitute with at least 8 years working experience as a Public Relations Officer/ Journalist/Community Officer from recognized organization/ Institution. Must be ICT literate with strong interpersonal communication skills.
Main Duties and Responsibilities: –
- Creating and maintaining a good image of the Authority among its stakeholders and the general public
- Keeping the general public informed of all relevant events and development with regard to KASHWASA services.
- Keeping employees informed of all relevant events and development within and outside the Authority.
- Maintaining good relations with the Ministry concerned with water as well as other bodies such as media and the public
- Ensuring that the Authority prepares and carries out effective public relations programmes with particular attention to public health education, water conservation and tariff policies
- Preparing promotional/advertisement materials concerning the Authority’s activities
- Preparing various publications such as, press releases, folders, booklets, flyers, posters, banners and newsletters for the development of the Authority.
- Preparing press conferences and meeting for the Authority upon approval from the Managing Director.
- Managing and maintaining good relations between the customers and the Authority.
- Coordinating all advertisements, announcements and education programme within and outside KASHWASA.
- Performing any other duties as may assigned by the Managing Director.
Age Limit: Not above 45 years for all posts.
All posts carry attractive remuneration and fringe benefits, according to the Authority’s Scheme of Service.
High level of integrity, honest and sense of responsibility.
Team player with the ability to work independently.
Self – motivated.
Committed to deliver work of a high standard Mode of Application
Prospective candidates are invited to submit applications in their own handwriting together with copies of their certificates, a fully typed and signed Curriculum Vitae (CV) with e-mail address, a reliable postal address and telephone numbers, copies of relevant certificates/testimonials/transcripts and addresses of at least three(3) professional referees to the following: –
KahamaShinyanga Water Supply and Sanitation Authority,
P.O. Box 1246,
Closing Date 3rd December, 2019.
All educational/professional certificates must be from accredited institutions which are recognized by the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU), the National Council for Technical Education (NACTE), the National Examinations Council of Tanzania or other relevant bodies.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
The Authority’s employment policy is not gender biased. Hence, all prospective applicants are encouraged to apply.