Job Opportunity at REDESO, Community Development Officer
Relief to Development Society (REDESO) is a national non-governmental organization, registered under the Non-Governmental Organization Act, 2002 with Certificate No. 1466 in Tanzania. The organization is engaged in Humanitarian and Community Development projects implemented under the humanitarian to development nexus concept. In the areas of our operation, Local Government has been always one of our key partners. REDESO is a partner with UNHCR serving Burundian and Congolese refugees in North-western Tanzania and urban caseload in Dar es Salaam.
REDESO invites interested qualified and competent Tanzanians and international expatriates who meet the listed criteria to apply for the following positions:
Community Development Officer (1 Post)
Reports: Project Coordinator
Will be responsible for technical lead of the programme, leading on community mobilization for Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) planning and identifying, providing technical support requirements for delivery of prioritized interventions.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and skills
- Bachelor Degree in Community Development,
- At least 3 years working experience in awareness and sensitization campaigns.
- Experience in economic empowerment of most vulnerable groups.
- Ability to use MS Office applications, Word, Excel, Power Point, Spread sheets and other Statistical software.
- Fluency in both spoken and written Kiswahili and English languages.
- To facilitate identification of communities for implementing project interventions.
- Support to organize integrated development planning in the ward and VDC level.
- Monitor progress of the distribution including development of the integrated development plan with land use DRR.
- Establish the smooth relation and maintain close coordination/linkages between District government authorities, NGOs and projects within the project area and keep them fully informed of the DRR component of project activities.
- Raise community awareness of hazard and disaster risks.
- Promote understanding of hazards and communities vulnerabilities.
- Help communities enhance their capacities to address their vulnerabilities.
- Take part in regular team meetings, staff meetings, and program (technical) meetings with other implementing NGOs/Government agencies and institutions.
- Undertake donor liaison in the field as required in support of senior management.
- Ensure timely and quality preparation of donor project narrative reports.
All interested candidates should submit their applications before Wednesday 27th November, 2019
REDESO is an equal opportunity employer Women are highly encouraged to apply.
All interested candidates should submit their applications via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
For any inquiries, you should not hesitate to contact this office mobile number: +255786 740 746.