Job Opportunity at REDESO, Energy Solutions Specialist
Relief to Development Society (REDESO) is a national non-governmental organization, registered under the Non-Governmental Organization Act, 2002 with Certificate No. 1466 in Tanzania. The organization is engaged in Humanitarian and Community Development projects implemented under the humanitarian to development nexus concept. In the areas of our operation, Local Government has been always one of our key partners. REDESO is a partner with UNHCR serving Burundian and Congolese refugees in North-western Tanzania and urban caseload in Dar es Salaam.
REDESO invites interested qualified and competent Tanzanians and international expatriates who meet the listed criteria to apply for the following positions:
Energy Solutions Specialist (1Post)
The energy solutions specialist will be responsible in providing expert services and professional solutions on all matters related to the development, follow-up and implementation of energy program and all other aspects related to renewable energy development.
Master Degree in Environmental Science, Engineering, Energy Policy.
At least 3 years of work experience in energy related programs;
Demonstrated knowledge of developing cost benefit analysis of renewable energy investments, developing renewable energy schemes and policy tools;
A solid understanding of the renewable energy context, with proven record of innovative approach.
Ability to explain technical information to people without technical knowledge.
Strong research, analysis and writing skills.
Demonstrated knowledge of developing renewable energy projects.
Proficiency in written and spoken English.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide technical advice and supervision to energy solutions officer and project team through planning and implementation of capacity building activities to project team.
- Promote renewable energy best practices and provide an expert advice to the project team and stakeholders on renewable energy aspects;
- To undertake energy surveys/site inspections and visits within the camp and to the host community.
- To promote renewable energy awareness via events such as public meetings, campaigns, presentations and workshops.
- To closely work with REDESO MEAL Unit IN preparation of comprehensive reports on best practices and lessons learned and recommend ways for improvement.
- Write plans, concept notes, policy briefs, proposals and recommendations on accelerating renewable energy development.
- Dissemination of lessons learned and best practices to policymakers and other relevant stakeholders.
- Incorporated key technical, economic, social, financial, and crosscutting issues into programs/projects.
- Analytical reports describing the impact and progress made relative to program objectives, identify any gaps and emerging operational issues, and formulate recommendations for program improvement.
All interested candidates should submit their applications before Wednesday 27th November, 2019
REDESO is an equal opportunity employer Women are highly encouraged to apply.
All interested candidates should submit their applications via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
For any inquiries, you should not hesitate to contact this office mobile number: +255786 740 746.