Job Opportunity at REDESO, IT Specialist
Relief to Development Society (REDESO) is a national non-governmental organization, registered under the Non-Governmental Organization Act, 2002 with Certificate No. 1466 in Tanzania. The organization is engaged in Humanitarian and Community Development projects implemented under the humanitarian to development nexus concept. In the areas of our operation, Local Government has been always one of our key partners. REDESO is a partner with UNHCR serving Burundian and Congolese refugees in North-western Tanzania and urban caseload in Dar es Salaam.
REDESO invites interested qualified and competent Tanzanians and international expatriates who meet the listed criteria to apply for the following positions:
IT Specialist (1 Post)
Reports to: Project Coordinator
The incumbent will be responsible in managing all Information and communication matters, system designing, development and maintenance. S/he will also be responsible in provision of technical assistance to in house IT experts.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field required.
- Industry certifications and memberships will be an added advantage.
- At least 3 years of working experience in IT industry.
- Excellent IT, communication, leadership and management skills.
- Ability to fill multiple roles simultaneously.
- Proven track record of maintaining IT structural integrity.
- Willingness to be located in remote areas particularly a refugee camp.
Key Responsibilities and duties
- Assess infrastructure on a regular basis to ensure it continues to meet necessary demands.
- Manage daily operations of the IT department.
- Develop new strategies and IT procedures to increase efficiency, enhance workflow and improve customer satisfaction.
- Coordinate the needs of in-house IT experts and remote employees, vendors and contractors.
- Protect customer data from outside infiltration through encryption, secure data storage and other necessary means.
- Assist with the installation of new hardware and software and help train employees on its use.
- Manage and oversee departmental quotas.
- Offer suggestions for possible upgrades and changes within the IT department
All interested candidates should submit their applications before Wednesday 27th November, 2019
REDESO is an equal opportunity employer Women are highly encouraged to apply.
All interested candidates should submit their applications via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
For any inquiries, you should not hesitate to contact this office mobile number: +255786 740 746.