Job Opportunity at REDESO, Senior Social Counsellor
Relief to Development Society (REDESO) is a national non-governmental organization, registered under the Non-Governmental Organization Act, 2002 with Certificate No. 1466 in Tanzania. The organization is engaged in Humanitarian and Community Development projects implemented under the humanitarian to development nexus concept. In the areas of our operation, Local Government has been always one of our key partners. REDESO is a partner with UNHCR serving Burundian and Congolese refugees in North-western Tanzania and urban caseload in Dar es Salaam.
REDESO invites interested qualified and competent Tanzanians and international expatriates who meet the listed criteria to apply for the following positions:
Senior Social Counsellor (1 Post)
Location: Dar Es Salaam
Reports to: Senior Programme Manager
Senior Social Counsellor will provide psychological and mental counselling to Persons of concern. S/he will also act as link between REDESO and PoC in all social interventions such as food, housing and all travel arrangements
Minimum qualifications, Experience and Skills
Bachelor Degree in Social Work specialized in counselling.
Minimum of 4 years working experience.
Experience in working with refugee population will be an added advantage.
Ability to use basic computer packages (Word, Excel, Internet).
Excellent interpersonal skills.
Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines. Good report writing skills.
- Perform counseling to Persons of Concern (PoC).
- Serve as link between REDESO and PoC through social interventions.
- Capacity building and couching of care takers to assist them in helping the clients.
- Participating in development and submission of sector budget.
- Participating in planning and implementation of program activities.
- Coordinate with Senior M & E Manager to organize data entry and analysis of monthly activities and achievements in the regular monitoring process.
- Liaise with Senior M & E Manager to prepare Counselling Indicators Report, Monthly Data Reports.
- Compile and timely submission of monthly, mid-year and annual counselling reports.
All interested candidates should submit their applications before Wednesday 27th November, 2019
REDESO is an equal opportunity employer Women are highly encouraged to apply.
All interested candidates should submit their applications via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
For any inquiries, you should not hesitate to contact this office mobile number: +255786 740 746.