Job Opportunity at Serengeti Breweries Limited – Technical Operator, Packaging
Job Title: Technical Operator, Packaging
Reports To:Team LeaderContext
Serengeti Breweries Limited (SBL) is a fully integrated beverage business in Diageo Africa (supply and demand for beer and spirits) It is a subsidiary of East Africa Breweries Limited (EABL), the largest business unit in Diageo Africa and the largest listed Company on the NSE in Kenya. SBL operates exclusively in Tanzania and is the second largest beer company with a market share of around 25%. SBL was incorporated in 1988 as Associated Breweries Limited and changed its name to Serengeti Breweries Limited in 2002, and commenced commercial operations in 1996 with one brewery in Dar es Salaam. The company was acquired by EABL in October 2010 and has three breweries located in Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Moshi.
SBL flagship brand is Serengeti Premium Lager. Other brand portfolios include Tusker Lager, Tusker Lite, Kibo Gold, The Kick, Uhuru Peak, and Senator. Headquartered in Dar es Salaam, SBL is also the distributor of several global Diageo international renowned spirit brands such as Johnnie Walker®, Smirnoff Vodka®, Bailey’s Irish Cream ®, Richot®, Bond 7 Whiskey® and Gilbeys Gin®.
Purpose of Role
Responsible for running/operating the machinery as well as do regular maintenance on the machines.
- Adhere to safety standard and policy at all times
- Deliver Production at rated speed
- Record machine operating parameters and ensure they are within allowable ranges to ensure safety of personnel and equipment as well as to deliver quality products
- Responsible for proper maintenance and safe operation of assigned machinery
- Responsible for housekeeping/cleanliness of the assigned machinery and adjacent in-feed and out-feed areas
- Fully undertake problem solving for the assigned machine
Qualifications and Experience Required
Veta Grade one certificate in the relevant field
Experience in handling Packaging machinery
Additional Locations :
Job Posting Start Date