Job Opportunity at Tanga UWASA – Sewerage Network Engineer I
Tanga Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (Tanga UWASA) is competitively best utility in the Tanzanian Water Sector, supplying clean and safe water and provides sewerage services in Tanga City. The Authority with the ISO 9001:2015 certification in quality management systems, is hereby seeking for a relevant qualified and highly motivated persons to fill the following competitive vacancies available in her manning level.
Title of position: Sewerage Network Engineer I (One Position)
Scope of the position and its expected outputs:
The holder of this position heads the sewerage network Section and is responsible for carrying out management, development and maintenance on the sewerage network.
The outputs of this position are thus reflected in the quality of disposed sewage, effectiveness of the sewerage network and its development.
Appointed by; Managing Director
Reports to; Technical Manager
Supervises; Sewerage Network Technician
Key duties and responsibilities
- Supervises all sewerage network maintenance activities in accordance with procedures in the section agreed with the Technical Manager:
- Maintains proper records of the sewerage network inventory and monitors all factors that might impinge on the smooth flow of sewage in the network:
- Coordinates with the Customer Services Department in handling customer complaints relating to the sewerage services:
- Allocates assignments to subordinate staff and monitors their performance to ensure that jobs are done effectively and efficiently:
- Advises the Technical Manager on all matters pertaining to sewerage management and ensures that the Manager is at all times appraised of opportunities and threats that have a bearing on the Authority’s ability to manage sewerage:
- Monitors sewage quality and ensure that it is properly controlled and disposed without pollution to the environment:
- Foresees the rehabilitation and maintenance of the sewerage infrastructures;
- Prepare periodic operational and other management reports to facilitate constant review of the Sections and Department’s performance and as input to managerial decisions;
- Oversee the efficient implementation of all Authority’s Plans including Risk Management Plan;
- Manage the human resources of the Section in accordance with the Public Service Act and Authority’s regulations, in particular their deployment, discipline, appraisal, training or career development and welfare;
- Manages performance and conduct performance appraisals to comply with ISO requirements on the daily activities, and
- Performs such other related duties as may be assigned by the Technical Manager from time to time.
The holder of this position must have the following:
- Holders of Bachelor’s Degree in Civil/ Environmental/ Sanitation Engineering or its equivalent from a recognized University/ Institution. Possession of a Postgraduate Qualification in the related field is an added advantage
- Must be registered as Professional Engineer with the Engineers Qualifications and Registration Board of Tanzania (ERB); Experience
- Posses of Valid Practising License issued by Engineers Registration Board;
- Must have at least five (5) years working experience as Sewerage/ Sanitary Engineer,
- Must be ICT literate with good and proven interpersonal communication skills
Age Limit – Not above 45 years
Terms of Engagement Permanent and Pensionable
All the posts carry attractive remuneration packages respectively, according to the Authority’s salary scale and other entitlements.
A hand-written signed application letter attached with an updated Curriculum Vitae showing age, current employer and working position, address, names and contacts addresses of three referees and day working telephone numbers, Copies of relevant academic qualification certificates and other relevant testimonials. Applicants employed in Public Service should route their applications through their respective employers.
Your application letter should reach to the undersigned before 30th November 2019.
All applications should be directed to:
The Managing Director
Tanga Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority,
P.O Box 5011,
Tanga UWASA is an equal opportunity employer
Only shortlisted candidates who meet the requirements will be contacted for an interview.
Women with right qualifications are highly encouraged to apply