Job Opportunity at CUHAS, Tutorial Assistant
The Catholic University of Health and Allied Sciences (CUHAS), owned by the Tanzania Episcopal Conference (TEC), provides training for over 2,700 students. CUHAS is currently running programmes in Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Master of Medicine (MMed), Master in Public Health (MPH), Master of Science in Pediatric Nursing (M.Sc.PN), Master of Science in Clinical Microbiology and Molecular Biology (M.Sc. CMMB), Doctor of Medicine (MD), Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm), Bachelor of Science in Nursing Education (B.Sc.NED), Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.Sc.N), Bachelor of Medical
Laboratory Sciences (BMLS), Bachelor of Science in Medical Imaging and Radiotherapy
(B.Sc. MIR), Diploma in Pharmaceutical Sciences (DPS), Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences (DMLS) and Diploma in Diagnostic Radiography (DDR). CUHAS is looking for highly qualified and motivated persons to fill the following positions;
TUTORIAL ASSISTANT – DEPARTMENT OF PHARMACOLOGY
A Holder of an MD/B.Pharm or relevant equivalent degree and score of at least B in the relevant subject and a GPA of 3.5. Must be registered by respective Councils.
- Adherence to professional ethics,
- Language proficiency in medium of instruction.
- Ability to communicate information, knowledge and skills to others,
- Computer literacy,
- Good interpersonal skills,
- Ability to work as part of a team,
- Enthusiasm and self-motivation,
- Ability to exercise initiative and be proactive and
- Motivation for innovation, further learning and continuing professional development.
Duties and Responsibilities
This is a training position. However the Tutorial Assistant may be required to perform the following duties:
- Conducting Tutorials for undergraduate students,
- Supervising seminars,
- Teaching Certificates and Diploma Courses,
- Mark non-assessed coursework assignments and provide feedback,
- Deal with student queries about the content and delivery of a module as well as providing advice and ideas to them where necessary,
- Supervise the work of students where appropriate,
- Ensure that the preparation of materials and equipment required during classes is available and where appropriate assist in the assembling and dismantling of laboratory apparatus,
- Work with other demonstrators and tutorial assistants to ensure that practical classes run effectively and according to timetable requirements
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Successful candidate will be offered a competitive package and benefits in accordance to the qualifications and experience, as per CUHAS Scheme of Service.
- All applicants have to be Citizens of Tanzania.
- Application must be handwritten or typed in English.
- All application letters must be accompanied with detailed and current Curriculum Vitae, all relevant certificates and full transcripts.
- Names and valid addresses (and phone numbers or emails) of 3 credible referees must be provided.
- The deadline is Monday 2ndDecember, 2019 at 03:30.
Applications must be addressed and sent to:
CATHOLIC UNIVERSITY OF HEALTH AND ALLIED SCIENCES (CUHAS)
P.O. BOX 1464,
Or E-Mail to:email@example.com and copy to firstname.lastname@example.org