Job Opportunity at World Vision International, Accountant
Position: Accountant Africa, Tanzania
Purpose of the position:
To facilitate accurate and timely entry of accounting information and prepare basic records (Cash book, Banking, Bank reconciliation, Cheque disbursement and receipt) for good corporate financial management within a cluster
Communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
Major Responsibilities: (Please define in output format – 1-10 things of what you expect to see as a result of this position)
- Process all Cluster payments within the approved control system
- Maintain proper documentation for good audit trail within a cluster
- Conduct projects Site visit for verification of existence and delivery of materials
- Perform monthly Bank reconciliation for a cluster
- Perform all Bank activities to include, submission of cheque list, collection of cheque Books, Cash deposits etc
- Follow up on Audit responses and implementation status for management informed decision making
- Facilitating Programme/Project Procurement process while ensuring adherence to policy and procedures.
- Manage all Balance sheet items within the cluster as per WV Policy
- Review and consolidate Staff Payroll and ensure proper management within the cluster
- Coordinate and consolidate project funding request in line with cash flows (ADP, NSP and Grants) for timely submission
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Minimum Qualification required: : Bachelor Degree in Accountancy or related fields
- Experience: 2 – 3years
- Preferred: ACCA, CPA
Technical Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent computer skills in Excel, Word & Sun-systems software.
- Demonstrated ability in supervision
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Tact and diplomacy in dealing with staff-related to work environment needs
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff.
TO APPLY CLICK HERE!