Officer (Credit) at Canara Bank Limited
Canara Bank (Tanzania) Limited [CBTL] was registered under Tanzania Company Act, 2002 on 2nd November 20l5.The bank has started Banking Operations on 9th May 2016 with opening of Dar es Salaam branch at Plot No 16/1, Elia Complex (GF), Bibi Titi Road, Zanaki,Dar es Salaam.
The Bank invites applications from suitably qualified and skilled persons to fill the following available vacancy:
Position: Officer (Credit)
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A holder of Business Related Degree in (Economics, Business Administration, Banking and Finance, Commerce, Business Management etc)
- At least 2-3 years’ experience of working as Officer in Credit Management, analysing & processing proposal, analysing balance sheet and various financial ratios
- Person should be computer literate and should have proven computer skills using spread sheet etc.
- Good communication Skills, Written and Oral, Strong analytical skills and ability to influence and mobilize customers
- Good knowledge and experience of banking practice, in credit portfolio management techniques, knowledge of the regulatory frameworks within the region.
- All works related to credit department and report to the Credit Manager
- Due diligence/KYC for prospective and existing borrowers.
- To discuss the request of the clients for credit limits, security, pricing and other terms of sanction.
- To do the balance sheet analysis for assesing the credit limits.
- To prepare and process the loan proposals of the proponents, disbursements, Loan account opening etc.
- To carryout physical inspection of securities.
- To complete the documentation process before disbursing limits and ensure compliance of sanction terms
- To do follow up with borrowers for regular operations in the loan accounts.
- Scrutiny of inward and outward transactions in Borrowal account
- Prepare all vouchers in credit department
- Follow up for recovery of interest loan installments and any other overdue amount in regular NPA accounts.
- Liaison with lawyers, Valuers and Recovery Agent for various activities pertaining to Credit Department
- To canvas business for the Bank.
- To prepare various returns/statements pertaining to credit department
- To prepare various statements pertaining to credit deparment
- Ensuring proper filing and safe keeping of all loan papers and documents.
- Any other duties as assinged from time to time.
MODE OF APPLICATION
All applicants are required to send their applications (CV indicating three referees and academic certificates) to email@example.com
Deadline for application is 18th December 2019