Sales and Marketing Manager at Guardian Limited
Sales and Marketing Manager
The Guardian Limited (TGL), widely acclaimed as the Home of Great Newspapers, is part of the IPP Group of Companies – one of Tanzania’s leading private sector entities with dignified presence in the print media as well as television and radio broadcasting.
TGL currently publishes two upmarket daily newspapers – The Guardian (in English) and Nipashe (in Kiswahili).
In our ongoing endeavour to ensure that we have a team of highly qualified, diligent and motivated professionals in our various departments and units, we are looking for suitable people to fill the following vacancy:
Job Title: SALES AND MARKETING MANAGER
- To professionally lead the sales team to achieve the set targets for all publications.
- To Plan, pitch and sale advertisement spaces directly and through our network of freelancers and Agencies.
- To oversees the advertising activity of our publications by ensuring that The Guardian and Nipashe maintain the strong market share in the advertising sector.
- To stay in close communication with the clients, explaining strategy and providing status updates about our publications.
- To build a network of reliable clients who have strong and mutual trust to our brands and thereby give the company an extra advantage in terms of revenues generation.
- To plan and develop special projects like supplements with a purpose of generating additional revenues to the company.
- Degree in Business Administration/ Sales/ Marketing
- Five years working experience in Sales and Marketing
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to positively and meaningfully connect with clients
- Time management skills, particularly as relates to dealing with calls to – and by – clients
- Experience in meeting retention and sales negotiation goals
- Basic computer software skills and ability to work within relevant data spreadsheets
- Ability to work diligently and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail and ability to reason and think quickly during negotiations
- Interested candidates meeting the above-mentioned criteria should send their applications, complete with detailed CVs, addressed to:
HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
THE GUARDIAN LIMITED
P. 0. BOX 31042
DAR ES SALAAM
Alternatively, deliver the documents at The Guardian Limited offices in Mikocheni Light Industrial Area – opposite ITV studios or send the application via Email: to email@example.com
Deadline: 24th December, 2019
Please note that only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.